As a government entity that has been in
existence for over forty years, we offer a number of unique strengths:
- We assist in solving issues that cross
municipal boundaries - issues that are too large or complex for any one unit of government to
- We serve as a bridge between levels and
units of government.
- We have a direct public and fiscal
accountability to local governments due to the presence of local elected officials who serve on
the Commission's Board.
- Our staff are professionals with technical
and programmatic expertise.
- We are able to offer planning assistance
to smaller government units who do not have extensive staff capacity.
- We serve to bring together economic
development and natural resource issues into a single forum.
- We act as a repository for demographic and
other types of data which is available for distribution in development plans and
- We have the resources to partner and